The Grasslands of the Sky
Bandaje Arbi ( Arbi - waterfall in local dialect tulu ) is one of the most picturesque waterfalls in Charmadi ranges of Western Ghats, falling from a height of 500 feet. The trek uphill passing Ballalarayana durga ( fort ) is surely an uphill task for the trekkers. The flowing streams, the rolling velvet hills, sight of elephant herds, wild boars if one is lucky, and is a feast to the eyes. Passing through Ballalrayana fort overlooking the town of Sunkasale. Not much remains of the fort except the ramparts. Ballalarayana Durga, is a secluded fort atop a mighty peak in the dense jungle of Western Ghats. All that remains of the fort are its dilapidated traces, but the lush green forests with the steep slopes surrounding the fort gives it the aura of mystery and a sinister charm. The view of hillocks Amedhikallu , Minchu Kallu and Kumba Kallu , Kode Kallu , Jamalabad or Gadayi Kallu and Kudremukh Ranges in the distance. View of sunset from here is a riot of colors and a memorable experience! It beckons every wandering soul. So indulge in this unique adventure and come explore the enigma of this long forgotten place.
Duration: 1 Night/ 2 Days
Day 00 :
- Leave Bangalore at 9:00 PM in the night and travel to Sunkasale by road.
- Transportation is either in a tempo traveler (Non AC Push back) or Mini Bus depending on group size.
- The distance is approximately 300 km by road. Pickup point can be decided based on convenience of the participants.
- Reach hamlet Sunkasale at 5:00 AM in the morning.
- Freshen-up, have breakfast and start with pack lunch.Trek towards Ballarayana Durga by 8:00 AM
- After reaching the Bandaje Falls explore the environs
- Have pack lunch at Bandaje Waterfalls and explore the environs
- View of sunset and Ghati Kallu from the ridge.
- Overnight Stay at Home stay
- Get up in the morning by around 7 AM and freshen up.
- Have breakfast by 8:00 AM.
- Stop for lunch at Hassan - Kadamba or Krishna Hotel
- Reach Bangalore by 6 pm
Cost : ₹ 3,500/- includes 5% GST
Group Size : 11 members and Above
Destination : Bangalore to Bangalore.
Pickup and Drop : As Bangalore is growing by the day travelling from one end to another end is becoming very hectic. Introduction of Namma metro in Bangalore has become a boon for travelling. Now metro is connected from major parts of the city and travelling has become hassle free for citizens of Bangalore. Metro services are available from 5am to 11pm and for more details Click here.
Let us travel smartly and take an oath to make Namma Bangalore Traffic free and Pollution free.
What is Included
- Basic Mountaineering Course qualified Guide from Summiters
- Transportation cost to/from Bangalore by Tempo Traveler Pushback Non-AC with video coach/Mini Bus
- Basic First aid Kit
- Forest Permit and Guide charges
- Accommodation Dormitory/Multiple sharing basis
- Vegetarian and Non Vegetarian food , Snacks and Refreshments
What is Excluded
- Personal trekking equipments – like trekking poles
- Personal insurance or cost of emergency evacuation
- Purchases of personal natures (like mineral water bottles/bottled or canned beverages/chocolates/dry fruits etc)
- Lunch and Dinner during return journey
- Tea/Snacks and any other expenses during travel
- Any other extra expenses incurred on the trek which is not mentioned in the cost includes section
We usually send the exact Pickup location and timings a couple of days before the trek date. The pick location we choose are always a well-known place and has better connectivity with rest of the city. Mostly there will be 1 to 3 pickup location for every trek.
Yes, of course, you can board on the way if we are travelling through your location. You can get in touch with one of our out-door leader for same by sharing contact details. Although, we request you to board from the pickup locations as it would help us to coordinate, and to avoid mis-understanding or time delay.
You can contact to the number shared.. Also, we would be sharing out the contact information on the connecting email. besides, we would also be creating a Whats-app group so that we all can connect and coordinate with everyone on the trip.
Accommodation & Food
We always have separate accommodation for girls and boys. Sometimes, some participants wish to stay with their family or couple, so we request them to check with us before the trip so that we can check for the options to make your stay comfortable.
No. Not Required.We will provide you.
We believe a hot served meal after the trek is the best way to beat the tiredness and complete an awesome day. So, we always try to cater everything from first morning breakfast to the next morning breakfast but at some places we give the option to the traveler to explore the local cuisines. The trek on which we cater, we try to give local vegetarian meal. Pack lunch is provided if the trek duration is more than 5 hours.
We usually try our best to give an opportunity to the traveler to connect with nature and the locals. We mostly connect with people who can cater to out needs and eke out a living, because of which sometime our homestays are at located are remote location for examples on hills, remote areas. Also, sometime we also opt for camp with tents and sleeping bags etc and sometime in cemented homestays which contains basic comfort for a proper rest.
YES. However we recommend you to not to bring valuable Jewellery during outings. Mobile phones , chargers , Cash to be taken care by individuals. You can approach trip leader to help you.
We try to have tie up with homestays having proper amenities.That is the reason we keep the group size at a minimum.
Travelers and Group size
We will try to maximize the group size 11 members to 20 members.Keeping in mind the safety of group.
We believe age does not define a limit of a person. A person can achieve anything at any age if he has a desire. Every trek has its own difficulty level, which you can check out the Itinerary page of the every trek and can decide for yourself. Definitely a basic fitness is always required for any trek you choose, because every trek with Summiters test your ability to push yourself and get high in the mountains.
Registration and Payment
To confirm your participation, you need to click on the blue button “BOOK NOW”, which will take you to the registration page and also guide you to our payment page on which you can make the payment through net banking, credit or debit card. Once you make the payment, you will receive a payment confirmation from us confirmation about your seat on the trip. We would request you to go through the complete itinerary, description, highlights and things you need to carry before making the payment.
You can bank transfer, cash deposit or NEFT as per your convenience.
We have tie-ups with third party vendors and the commitment is already made, regarding group size well in advance, the cancellation affect the facilities give to other participants, so, even if we don’t like to put on any policy, we might have to do it for the other participants who are coming for the trek. So, that we could be at least manage to keep the spirits high enough. The cancellation charges are as follows.
If the cancellation is done before 7th day from the trek date then FULL REFUND is applicable after the deduction of the third party vendor transaction charges.
If the cancellation is done before 3rd day from the trek date then HALF REFUND is applicable.
If the cancellation is done before 1 day from the trek date then NO REFUND is applicable.
If you can walk on an average of 5 to 6km without a problem, then you can! If you have specific health issues like asthma, heart issues or the likes, consult your doctor before participating in the trek.
The following items are a must-carry:
Shoes : A good pair of shoes is a must - a good pair does not mean your Adidas/ Nike/ Reebok/ Puma sport shoe. You need a pair that can withstand the wear and tear of walking for many days. A bad shoe can ruin your trek by causing blisters. Ask us, we can help you in choosing the right one for your budget.
The other things you need to carry are : gloves, a skull cap, a sun hat/cap, your personal clothes and toiletry kit, a good pair of sun glasses, a water bottle and your personal medicines (if necessary). Your sleeping bag, mat and tents will be provided to you by Summiters.
We provide simple vegetarian food that is light and suitable for trekking. Don’t expect pizza hut or an Anand Bhavan - nor will you have to go hunting. You will have enough and when you are tired – anything served will taste superb!
Yes. It’s as pure as it can be. But if you are finicky – you can buy mineral water
You cannot charge your phone on the trek. You have to get your phone charged in Bangalore before coming for the trek.
Take daily long walks or jogs.
Terms and Conditions
All about the Elusive star
Here are our conditions:
- Summiters will try to keep an optimal group size of 11 to keep the cost to a minimal. The initial fees could be collected assuming a group size of 11. However, in case the group size is smaller , Summiters will inform the participants before departure date, the group size of the program. The participants would be requested to pay "the difference amount" as per the current size of the group.
Booking must be confirmed prior to date of departure by paying the full amount – It takes lot of effort, time and money in planning the trek in remote locations. So please give us enough time to make your journey a lifetime’s journey.
All expenses accruing from change in schedule due to weather conditions or health issues are to be borne by the participants. Summiters will not be responsible for the weather or your personal health issues.
Cancellation policy – We plan everything for you well in advance, so that your trip is hassle-free and as smooth as possible. This means that porter fees, permits, accommodation expenses are all paid in advance. Any cancellation will mean inconvenience and loss to all the people involved in making your journey successful. Therefore, it is only fair to pass on the accrued costs to you. Our policy is:-
- Cancellation prior to 7 days from date of departure : Full Refund
- Cancellation between 3 days prior to date of departure: 50% Refund
- Cancellation between 24 hours prior to date of departure and departure date : No Refund
- No Show : No Refund