The Grasslands of the Sky
Bandaje Arbi (waterfall) is one of the most picturesque places in Charmadi ranges of Western Ghats, falling from a height of 500 feet. The trek uphill passing Ballalarayana durga fort is surely an uphill task for the trekkers. The flowing streams, the rolling velvet hills, sight of elephant herds, wild boars if one is lucky, is a feast to the eyes. Passing through Ballalrayan fort overlooking the town of Sunkashale. Not much remains of the fort except the ramparts. Ballalarayana Durga, is a secluded fort atop a mighty peak in the dense jungles of Western Ghats. All that remains of the fort are its dilapidated traces, but the lush green forests with the steep slopes surrounding the fort gives it the aura of mystery and a sinister charm. The sunset from here is a riot of colors and memorable experience! It beckons every wandering soul. So indulge in this unique adventure and come explore the enigma of this long forgotten place. Come to Bandaje.
Duration: 1 Night/ 2 Days, Ex Bangalore
1st Night (Friday Night): Leave Bangalore at 10:00 PM in the night and travel to Shishila by road. Transportation is either in a tempo traveler (Non AC pushback) or in a Chervolet SUV depending on group size. The distance is approximately 300 kms by road. Pickup point can be decided based on convenience of the participants.
1st Day (Saturday Morning):
Reach Sunkasale at 6:00 AM in the morning.
Freshen-up, have breakfast and start trekking towards Ballarayandurga Fort by 8:00 AM
- Reach the Peak by 4 PM. Participants will be provided with packed lunch at Sukasale which they can have on the way to Ballarayandurga Fort.
- After reaching the Bandaaje Falls, camp at orifice of Bandaje waterfalls.
- Have freshly cooked dinner in Bandaje falls camp. Accommodation will be in tents and sleeping bags/mats will be provided.
2nd Night (Saturday Night): Sleep in Bandaaje Falls Camp
2nd Day (Sunday):
- Get up in the morning by around 7 AM and freshen up.
- Have breakfast by 8:00 AM
- Start trekking back towards Ballarayandurga fort and then towards Sunkasale
- Reach Sunkasale by evening and have dinner at Sunkasale.
- Board TT/Chervolet SUV by around 9 PM.
- Reach Bangalore by 6 AM on Monday morning.
Cost : ₹ 2,500*/- (per person) from Bangalore to Bangalore for group size 10 members
|10 people||₹ 2,500*/- per person|
- For group size of 4 to 7 people, SUV Chervolet (NON AC) will be mode of transportation provided from Bangalore to Bangalore.
For group size between 8-11 people, Tempo Traveler (Pushback NON AC) will be the mode of transportation provided from Bangalore to Bangalore.
Summiters will try to keep an optimal group size of 9-10 to keep the cost to a minimal. The initial fees could be collected assuming a group size of 9-10 people. However, in case the group size is smaller Summiters will inform the participants a month in advance of the departure date, the group size of the program. The participants would be requested to pay "the difference amount" as per the size of the group.
- Basic Mountaineering Course qualified Guide from Summiters
- Transportation cost to/from Bangalore
- Equipments - Sleeping bags / Sleeping Mats / Tents
- Basic First aid Kit
- Forest Permit charges
- Cost Excludes
- Personal trekking equipments – like trekking poles or sleeping bag liners or rucksacks
- Personal insurance or cost of emergency evacuation
- Purchases of personal natures (like mineral water bottles/bottled or canned beverages/chocolates/dry fruits etc)
- 2nd day dinner
Tea/snacks during travel from Bangalore to Sunkasale and back
Any other extra expenses incurred on the trek which is not mentioned in the cost includes section
Q: Who can do this trek?
A: If you can walk on an average of 5 to 6km without a problem, then you can! If you have specific health issues like asthma, heart issues or the likes, consult your doctor before participating in the trek.
Q: What should we carry?
A: The following items are a must-carry:
Shoes: A good pair of shoes is a must - a good pair does not mean your Adidas/ Nike/ Reebok/ Puma sport shoe. You need a pair that can withstand the wear and tear of walking for many days. A bad shoe can ruin your trek by causing blisters. Ask us, we can help you in choosing the right one for your budget.
The other things you need to carry are : gloves, a skull cap, a sun hat/cap, your personal clothes and toiletry kit, a good pair of sun glasses, a water bottle and your personal medicines (if necessary). Your sleeping bag, mat and tents will be provided to you by Summiters.
Q: What food do you provide?
A: We provide simple vegetarian food that is light and suitable for trekking. Don’t expect pizza hut or an Anand Bhavan - nor will you have to go hunting. You will have enough and when you are tired – anything served will taste superb!
Q: Is the mountain water safe to drink?
A: Yes. It’s as pure as it can be. But if you are finicky – you can buy mineral water
Q: Can I charge my phone on the trek?
A: You cannot charge your phone on the trek. You have to get your phone charged in Bangalore before coming for the trek.
Q: How can I prepare myself?
A: Take daily long walks or jogs.
Terms and Conditions
*All about the elusive star*
Here are our conditions:
- Summiters will try to keep an optimal group size of 9-10 to keep the cost to a minimal. The initial fees could be collected assuming a group size of 9-10 people. However, in case the group size is smaller Summiters will inform the participants a month in advance of the departure date,the group size of the program. The participants would be requested to pay "the difference amount" as per the current size of the group.
Booking must be confirmed 30 days prior to date of departure by paying the full amount – It takes lot of effort, time and money in planning the trek in remote locations. So please give us enough time to make your journey a lifetime’s journey.
All expenses accruing from change in schedule due to weather conditions or health issues are to be borne by the participants. Summiters will not be responsible for the weather or your personal health issues.
Cancellation policy – We plan everything for you well in advance, so that your trip is hassle-free and as smooth as possible. This means that porter fees, permits, accommodation expenses are all paid in advance. Any cancellation will mean inconvenience and loss to all the people involved in making your journey successful. Therefore, it is only fair to pass on the accrued costs to you. Our policy is:-
- Cancellation prior to 30 days from date of departure : Full Refund
- Cancellation between 30 days to 20 days prior to date of departure: 50% Refund
- Cancellation between 20 days prior to date of departure and departure date:No Refund
- No Show : No Refund