Located at a brief expanse of 50km from the garden city Bangalore, the Camp at Kanakpura is home to the exquisite lake of Hosadoddi. A stone’s throw away from the Forest estate of Bananthimari, this pristine camping experience offers you a wide range of experiences ranging from trekking to historical exploration to spotting the bountiful excitement of wildlife.
About the Activities
Engage in an exciting experience that caters to corporate training, team visits, college fun, and family outings! Surrounded by the gorgeous mountains skirted by a pristine lake, one can enjoy trekking amidst the Bananthimari hills or feel the rush of adrenaline while kayaking in here. Recruit a paddle raft or a canoe and experience nature in all its plush richness.
Duration: 1 Day
Tentative Itinerary (Day-outing is from 8:30 AM - 6:00 PM)
9:00 AM - Arrive at camp, welcomed with the welcome drink.
9:30 AM - 10:30 AM - Breakfast(if in the plan) and relaxation
10:30 AM -12.00 PM - members will be divided into teams - Team-building & Ice breaking games will be conducted
12:00 PM - 2:00 PM - Start with activities
- Options will be given to each member whether they want to go for Water Activities or Rope/climbing Activities and will be done vice versa for post lunch.
- Even we can organize competition in water activities, a team of 5 members each, one member has to do the zip line and once he/she reaches the point, the other 4 members have to take the coracle and bring him back, the least timed team will be the winner.
Trekking is also recommended
2:00 PM - 3:00 PM - Lunch &Relaxation
3:00 PM - 5:00 PM - Continue with Activities, those who are done with Water Activities in the morning can go for Rope course
- Those who don't want to do any activities can relax and go for other options like cricket, badminton, Archery, frisbee, Indoor games etc
5:00 PM - 6:00 PM - Relax with Hi-Tea & end of the program.
7:00 PM - Campfire with Music will be on
Everything is included in the package itself we won't charge anything extra
Cost per person : ₹ 1,250/- + 5% GST
Destination: Bangalore to Bangalore.
Note : Transportation can be arranged at an extra cost as per requirement.
Activities available at the camp:
1. Trekking:- Trekking to Devara Gudda hilltop in Bananthimaari state forest range. (We recommend early morning trekking)
Cave Exploration - After 5 km of ascent you will encounter a cave which has the area of more than 500 sq ft & a pit with 40 ft depth
2. Water Activities will start with 300-meter Zip-line land on water
Water sports options:- Kayaking, Canoeing, Coracle & Swimming
( Its Mandatory for everybody to wear the life jacket even if you know swimming or don't know)
3. Rappelling / Bouldering /Wall climbing
4. 360 Degree Rope course with 8 different elements
5. Slush Games - Mud Obstacles course, Kabbadi & Volleyball is the prime attraction
Corporate team building activities - we have more than 100 kinds of activities exclusively for Corporate and college. Axe Adventure develops programs that cater specifically to our client's needs. Our programs range from the fun and easy activities to the more advanced and physically challenging activities by using an experiential training and development methodology."Experience the Difference Team Building with us !!
We don't compare our self with the resort where participant will get scattered and confused with activities, ours is Adventure camp n we conduct outdoor/outbound programmers for corporate, we will make sure all the team members are engaged in activities and group dynamic as well as fun is built along with tasty and quality food.
Food Menu is as follows:
Idly, Vada, Sambar, Chutney, Kesari Bath, Bread, Jam, Aloo Paratha, Tea & coffee
Even North Indian like Aloo Paratha, Poha, Poori Baaji will be another option.
Juice and Welcome drinks will be served in between activities
Soup, Poori/Chapathi/Plain paratha/Tandoor breads (If you want Raagi Ball we can prepare that), Veg gravy, White Rice, Veg/Peas Pulao/Biriyani/Fried Rice/Jeera Rice/ Ghee rice, Aloo/Baby corn Kabab, Sambar/Rasam, Daal Tadka/Fry, Palya/Veg Sabji, Chicken Masala/Fry/Butter Chicken/ Kadai, Chicken Biriyani, Or Chicken dry, Butter Milk, Cut fruits, Sweet dish & Desert, Salads, Pappad, Hi Tea, Tea & Coffee, Cookies, Bajji/Veg Pakoda
Even we have hi-fi buffet menu with continental dishes which will start from Rs.350 extra.
This is a complete adventure camp you cannot expect a resort kind of luxurious amenities but we have all the facilities.
- 20 washrooms for both gents and ladies(both European & Indian style)
- 24 hrs water supply
- Artificial Water Falls
- Open Air Dining Hall which can accommodate more than 200 members
- Gazebo/ Sit out facing the lake
- Amby theater with gallery kind of steps for seating.
We have a separate hall for the conference, where we have speaker mic, but projector, you guys have to bring or will charge Rs.6000 extra.
Speakers & mics are there for self-access & music.
Even DJ with the system we can arrange but will charge minimum Rs.15000 extra.
Even we can provide you with the candid photographer will charge Rs.8000 extra.
Things to Carry:
- 1 ltr Water Bottle
- Cloths for water activities (Apart from ethnic and formals wear, anything you are comfortable, considering water activities)
- Sports shoes or Trekking boot. (for climbing activities)
- Extra Clothes
- Sun-glass & Cap (It's better to wear those as if its day activities)
- Bring garbage bag- Our policy is very simple - Respect the Nature, Nature will pamper you( Don't throw waste anywhere, if you are, please carry it back in that garbage
- bag, even you will be having access to the dustbin inside the camp)
- Torch/head torch/emergency lamp(we have ample lighting still it's useful in the emergency at night)
- One backpack to carry above
- Bring whatever you wish to consider your love and respect the Nature very much -
- Even pets are allowed.
We usually send the exact Pickup location and timings a couple of days before the trek date. The pick location we choose are always a well-known place and has better connectivity with rest of the city. Mostly there will be 1 to 3 pickup location for every trek.
Yes, of course, you can board on the way if we are travelling through your location. You can get in touch with one of our out-door leader for same by sharing contact details. Although, we request you to board from the pickup locations as it would help us to coordinate, and to avoid mis-understanding or time delay.
You can contact to the number shared.. Also, we would be sharing out the contact information on the connecting email. besides, we would also be creating a Whats-app group so that we all can connect and coordinate with everyone on the trip.
We believe a hot served meal after the trek is the best way to beat the tiredness and complete an awesome day. So, we always try to cater everything from first morning breakfast to the next morning breakfast but at some places we give the option to the traveler to explore the local cuisines. The trek on which we cater, we try to give local vegetarian meal. Pack lunch is provided if the trek duration is more than 5 hours.
Travelers and Group size
We will try to maximize the group size 20 members to 45 members. Keeping in mind the safety of group.
We believe age does not define a limit of a person. A person can achieve anything at any age if he has a desire. Every trek has its own difficulty level, which you can check out the Itinerary page of the every trek and can decide for yourself. Definitely a basic fitness is always required for any trek you choose, because every trek with Summiters test your ability to push yourself and get high in the mountains.
Registration and Payment
To confirm your participation, you need to click on the blue button “BOOK NOW”, which will take you to the registration page and also guide you to our payment page on which you can make the payment through net banking, credit or debit card. Once you make the payment, you will receive a payment confirmation from us confirmation about your seat on the trip. We would request you to go through the complete itinerary, description, highlights and things you need to carry before making the payment.
You can bank transfer, cash deposit or NEFT as per your convenience.
We have tie-ups with third party vendors and the commitment is already made, regarding group size well in advance, the cancellation affect the facilities give to other participants, so, even if we don’t like to put on any policy, we might have to do it for the other participants who are coming for the trek. So, that we could be at least manage to keep the spirits high enough. The cancellation charges are as follows.
If the cancellation is done before 7th day from the trek date then FULL REFUND is applicable after the deduction of the third party vendor transaction charges.
If the cancellation is done before 3rd day from the trek date then HALF REFUND is applicable.
If the cancellation is done before 1 day from the trek date then NO REFUND is applicable.
If you can walk on an average of 5 to 6 km without a problem, then you can! If you have specific health issues like Speluncaphobia - Caves combine a whole bunch of phobias- heights, small places, underground, darkness, fear of being enclosed in a small space or room or underground, asthma, heart issues or the likes, consult your doctor before participating in this event.
- Trekking Shoes
- Trousers and T shirts
- Torch with spare batteries
- Water bottle
- Sun Cap
You cannot charge your phone on the trek. You have to get your phone charged in Bangalore before coming for the trek.
Take daily long walks or jogs.
Terms and Conditions
All about the Elusive star
Here are our conditions:
- Summiters will try to keep an optimal group size of 20 and above to keep the cost to a minimal. The initial fees could be collected assuming a group size of 20. However, in case the group size is smaller , Summiters will inform the participants before departure date, the group size of the program. The participants would be requested to pay "the difference amount" as per the current size of the group.
Booking must be confirmed prior to the date of departure by paying the full amount – It takes lot of effort, time and money in planning the trek in remote locations. So please give us enough time to make your journey a lifetime’s journey.
All expenses accruing from the change in schedule due to weather conditions or health issues are to be borne by the participants. Summiters will not be responsible for the weather or your personal health issues.
Cancellation policy – We plan everything for you well in advance, so that your trip is hassle-free and as smooth as possible. This means that porter fees, permits, accommodation expenses are all paid in advance. Any cancellation will mean inconvenience and loss to all the people involved in making your journey successful. Therefore, it is only fair to pass on the accrued costs to you. Our policy is:-
- Cancellation prior to 7 days from the date of departure: Full Refund
- Cancellation between 3 days prior to the date of departure: 50% Refund
- Cancellation between 24 hours prior to the date of departure and departure date: No Refund
- No Show: No Refund
Other terms and Conditions:
- Weather conditions, Wildlife movements, permission are not in our hand; many times we are forced to change the itinerary.
- We expect every Adventurer to be humble towards Nature, localities and tribal.
- In case of damage or loss of any of the property or equipment, the responsible member has to bear the cost.
- All our events are built on Teamwork methodology. Our instructor/Guide/coordinators presence in the event is to lead the event, make sure that things are going as per plan, schedule, and safety.
- Alcohol is strictly prohibited on Trek/Activities.
- Follow "Leave No Trace" policy, never throw or leave anything en-route or at camp area.
- All the participants have to sign the Indemnity bond before participating in any activities.